Travelling throughout the entire state has never been as easy as it is now with your personal edelweiß ticket – unbeatably cheap, too! Collect your edelweiß ticket now and ride local and long-distance buses and trains in the city and the entire state of Salzburg for 12 consecutive months for the price of 299 euros, or a monthly price of 25 euros. The minimum period is one year and, unless terminated in due time by a notice, the SEPA direct debit mandate is automatically extended by another year.
- Everyone from the age of 64 up
- No other customer cards are needed (such as the Austrian Federal Railway (ÖBB)’s Vorteilscard Senior).
- The ticket can be used for all means of public transport: local and long-distance buses and trains (S-Bahn, Lokalbahn, Regional Express, Intercity)
- In the city and the entire Salzburg state
- Always: without time restriction, 24 hours a day, every day of the year
- The ticket can be replaced in the event of loss.
- Dogs can be transported free-of-charge.
- Another advantage: a bonus book!
The ticket offers numerous attractive discounts and benefits with the partners of the Salzburg Transport Association (SVV).
The ticket is valid across the territory of the Salzburg state, including the entire route of the Salzburger Lokalbahn all the way to the final station “Ostermiething Lokalbahn” and the corridor bus line 260 Zell am See – Salzburg via “das kleine deutsche Eck” (the German Corner).
In addition, the ticket is valid for the routes “Salzburg – Ried am Wolfgangsee,” “Salzburg – Burgau am Attersee,” the entire line 150 from Salzburg to Bad Ischl, the entire line 140 from Salzburg to Mondsee, the entire line 156 from St. Gilgen nach Mondsee and within the zone Straßwalchen all the way to “Friedburg”.
If you need “Aufpreis 1 Zone” (1-zone surcharge) for the zone of Freilassing, such additional scope is only available for the full price under the valid tariff provisions.
Night buses are excluded from the above-specified territorial validity.
THIS IS HOW YOU CAN GET YOUR “edelweiß ticket”
The easiest way to get it is online: please click here!
Otherwise, please collect an application form from any of our offices and return it to us in one of the following three ways:
1. by post addressed to the Salzburg Transport Association | Salzburger Verkehrsverbund GmbH, Schallmooser Hauptstraße 10 | Postfach 74 | A-5027 Salzburg
2. by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. by fax sent to 0662 875787-111
4. online here
You can also obtain your senior transport network ticket from the following Salzburg Transport Association (SVV) offices.
Please pay attention to the opening hours of the individual customer centres!
- Customer centre Salzburg Verkehr:
Schallmooser Hauptstraße 10, 5020 Salzburg
- Salzburg AG, Service Centre Verkehr:
Lokalbahn (Salzburg Hauptbahnhof, Untergeschoss): Südtirolerplatz 1, 5020 Salzburg
Mönchsberg lift: Gstättengasse 13, 5020 Salzburg
Alpenstraße: Alpenstraße 91, 5020 Salzburg
Pinzgauer Lokalbahn: Kundencenter Mittersill, Wachtlehenweg 3, Mittersill
- Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB):
Bahnhof St. Johann
Bahnhof Bad Gastein
Bahnhof Schwarzach-St. Veit
Bahnhof Zell am See
Postbusstelle, Zinsgasse 5, Tamsweg
In the event of return of an already valid senior transport network ticket “edelweiß ticket”, one quarter of the annual price (i.e. 75 euros) will be charged for each commenced month of use. If the ticket was paid for by a single advance payment, any outstanding balance for the unused share of the ticket will be refunded by reverse transfer. Refunds can only be processed through the Austrian Transport Association (Salzburger Verkehrsverbund GmbH).
CANCELATION – CALCULATION EXAMPLE IN THE EVENT OF A SINGLE PAYMENT
You possess an “edelweiß ticket” for the selling price of 299 euros, for which you have paid cash, valid from 18th February 2018 until 17th February 2019. The ticket is returned in a customer centre of the Salzburg Transport Association on 30th April 2018. The “edelweiß ticket” has thus been used for 3 months (February, March, April). 3x 75 euros deducted from 299 euros equals a balance of 74 euros.
No refund is paid for tickets used for four months or longer.
SWITCHING FROM AN ANNUAL CARD TO THE SENIOR TRANSPORT NETWORK TICKET
Are you a loyal annual card customer? Provided that you meet the relevant criteria, you can switch to the senior transport network ticket “edelweiß ticket”. This can be done exclusively at the customer centre of the Salzburg Transport Association (Salzburger Verkehrsverbund GmbH), Schallmooser Hauptstraße 10, 5020 Salzburg, starting from 10th December 2017. You may also carry out such exchange through a proxy with a written power of attorney. The annual card which is to be exchanged for an “edelweiß ticket” must not be a replacement or duplicate card. This exchange does not lead to loss of the state subsidy!
What you need
A completed application form for the senior transport network ticket “edelweiß ticket” – in the event of SEPA direct debit mandate, an additional signature must be included!
If you are applying through a proxy, a written power of attorney!
An ID document with your photograph, showing your age as applicant (if a proxy is applied on your behalf, a copy of your ID is sufficient
Bring along your current annual card as it will be withdrawn.
The number of days for which you have actually used the annual card will be calculated. Any outstanding balance will be credited to a bank account specified by you.
- Passengers travelling with luggage and/or sports equipment: please enquire about the terms of luggage transportation, including any costs in connection therewith, directly with the relevant transport company.
- Passengers travelling with animals, please click here for an extract from the relevant tariff provisions.
- The tariff provisions of the Salzburg Transport Association, as amended at the relevant point in time, apply!