myRegio student-Ticket is simple, inexpensive and, most importantly, offers significantly more benefits than its predecessor, the StudentCARD. In short: the StudentCARD is replaced with myRegio student. These are the benefits of the new semester ticket at a glance:
- 6 regions: Starting from March 2020, the semester ticket can be used not only for a special route from home to the university, or, as the case may be, the City of Salzburg, but also as a network ticket for the entire federal state of Salzburg.
- 6 months: the ticket is valid also during the break between semesters and the summer break: September 1, 2021 through February 28, 2022 (for the winter semester) or March 1, 2022 through August 31, 2022 (for the summer semester).
- 1 ticket per semester at the cost of only 150 euros, i.e. 300 euros per year.
Please note: myRegio student-Ticket is not transferable. It entitles you to an unlimited number of trips throughout the federal state of Salzburg within the given time period.
|Entire Salzburg state||Price||Additional purchase price per zone in Upper Austria|
|Per semester||€ 150,00||€ 20,00|
Cross-border tickets for Upper Austria may be issued. The additional purchase price per zone within the Upper Austria tariff district is 20 euros.
Tariff valid from January 1, 2021
- All tariff rates are in euros and include statutory value-added tax.
- You must be enrolled in a regular study program at a university/college (Hochschule) in Austria. Your place of study or place of residence must be within the Salzburg state. Non-degree students are unfortunately not eligible!
- You must be younger than 26 on September 1 of the relevant school year; this date is decisive both in relation to the relevant winter semester and the subsequent summer semester.
We are bound by statutory provisions here and cannot make any exceptions!
- myRegio student-Ticket for the winter semester of 2021/22 is valid September 1, 2021 through February 28, 2022.
- myRegio student-Ticket for the summer semester of 2022 is valid March 1 through August 31, 2022.
- Applications can only be submitted on line. A confirmation of enrollment in a study program (“Studienblatt der Ordentlichen Studierenden” or “Studienbestätigung”) must be provided in digital form.
- All you pay is the sales price itself which is the actual price of the ticket minus any subsidies. You shall receive a temporary myRegio student-Ticket via e-mail as soon as your documents are verified and your payment received. Verifications are performed during regular business hours on work days. If you pay by credit card, the procedure takes up to three business days. In case of a bank transfer up to five business days.
Cancellations of myRegio student-Ticket are always handled by the Salzburg Transport Association (Salzburger Verkehrsverbund GmbH).
If myRegio student-Ticket is returned, one half of the total price for each commenced month from the first day of validity and a compensation fee of € 5.00 are deducted. Cancellation takes effect on the day on which the myRegio student-Ticket is delivered to the Salzburg Transport Association. The form entitled “Request for Cancellation of myRegio student” (Antrag auf Stornierung myRegio student) is to be used and can be personally delivered to the Salzburg Transport Association along with the ticket. Alternatively, the request and the myRegio student-Ticket may be mailed to the Salzburg Transport Association; however, in such case, the customer bears the risk of non-delivery. If the ticket is returned by post, the date of the postal stamp is accepted as the date of return as long as it does not overrun the end of the given running month by more than 1 day.
The validity area of the myRegio student ticket has been aligned with the myRegio tickets. This means that in future it will apply to the entire state of Salzburg. In addition, each new ticket is valid for students on the following bus and train lines:
- bus- and trainlines from/to/in Freilassing (line 24, S-Bahn, Meridian, Südostbayernbahn,
citybuslines 81 and 82 in Freilassing)
- Upper austrian line sections of the SVV-lines:
Bus route 111 to final destination Feldkirchen Ortsmitte,
Bus route 112 from Laufen to Ostermiething each to the final destination,
Bus route 120 to the final destination Palting Ortsmitte,
Bus route 140 and 143 to final destination Mondsee Busterminal,
Bus route 149 to Ried am Wolfgangsee HLW,
Bus route 150 to final destination Bad Ischl Bahnhof,
Bus route 156 from St. Gilgen to final destination Mondsee Busterminal,
Bus route 470 to final destination Gosau, Abzw. Pass Gschütt
Bus route 260 Salzburg – Bad Reichenhall – Lofer – Zell am See
Bus route 180 Salzburg – Bad Reichenhall
- Line S1/S11 Salzburger Lokalbahn to finale train station Ostermiething
- A direct journy from „Strobl Busbahnhof“ to„Ried am Wolfgangsee“, without getting on or of on upper austrian soil
- Salzburg to Unterburgau am Attersee above Mondsee (Getting in/out in Unterburgau)
- Passengers with luggage and/or sports equipment: please enquire about the rules for travelling with luggage or sports equipment, as well as any possible cost connected with them, directly with the relevant transport company.
- Passengers with animals, please click here to view an excerpt from the tariff provisions.
- The tariff provisionsof the Salzburg Transport Association, as amended from time to time, shall apply!